Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Letter To V.M. Jones



Dear Mrs V.M. Jones,

Hi my name is Felicity and I am writing you a letter, I hope you enjoy.

My class has just finished reading your breathtaking novel ‘Buddy’, it was just so touching and beautiful. At times the class would yell at the teacher to persuade him to keep going because it was so interesting, we couldn’t bear to put the book down, that’s how amazing it is. You write the best books ever.

My favourite character would have to be Chantal, because she sounds so bittersweet and very delightful. I also liked the sound of Splash the cheeky little kitty.
What made you choose that kind of personality for Chantal?   
What made you so inspired to be an author?  

I am sure that a lot of people who have read your book now know not to make fun of people with special needs, because really they are actually really peaceful and loving not to forget caring.
Also people should know that family and friends are much more important than winning.
Your ‘Buddy’ novel is a great inspiration for people who want to write a novel.

I would really enjoy to see a second Buddy story because you had the most weirdest ending that made me think there should be much much more. Please come and visit my class and I at Parkvale School HASTINGS, we would absolutely love to see you in person and thank you for giving such an inspiration for young writers. I also like that Josh didn’t care about what colour medal it was. All they needed was a simple a medal to show their love.

I hope to see that you have commented on my blog soon.

Yours sincerely Felicity Johnstone.  



Check this ( link) out to my teachers blog, on there you can see more stuff about the wonderful book 'Buddy'. ENJOY:)

2 comments:

  1. Very well written letter, Felicity!

    You make excellent connections and really show that you know and love the book. Your Fotobabble of The Dream adds a little extra magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Flossie,
    Thanks so much for the lovely comment on my blog!
    I really like the letter that you wrote. It makes me want to read the book for myself!
    Keep up the great work!
    Thea
    P.S.
    I have sent you an email.
    If you haven't replied to it please reply now.

    ReplyDelete