Thursday, June 28, 2012

Maths Time Problems

   
Today Mr.M gave us 2 problems, one was about rounding 1200 to the nearest 10 and 100.
The next problem was about rounding a decimal up to 6. ( That one was really easy ) You can try these problems in your own time. The first question was about what could the number be if it has been rounded to 1200.
The next problem was what might the number be if the decimal has been rounded off to 6. This was a really fun maths lesson and we will be doing this every morning which is going to be really fun. 
I found them both quite easy, I also learnt something as well.


  
The next day we did another 2 problems which were fun.
The first problem was what might the missing numbers be for _x_=36.
That one was fun because it got out brains in action.
The next question was using four 4s in any operation, how many different answers can you make?
That one was quite tricky but in the end I did 7 answers.
That maths lesson was a great one to help you learn much more different answers than you usually do. So it was great for me.   
I found problem 2 hard and very mind blowing.
Problem 1 was great for learning times tables and getting your brain working properly.

  
The next day we did another set of 2 problems it was fun and brain testing at the same time.
I really enjoyed problem 1 and problem 2 was all about thinking what range of different numbers there can be. I though that I did very well and room 20 did superb. I can't wait to see how brain testing the next one is.
With problem 2 you have to think of the smallest and the largest. I started at the smallest number and then carried onto the biggest number.
Problem 1 was all about times tables which I enjoyed.


  

Today we did another lot of fun maths problems. I thought that it was extremely easy to do the problem 1, because it will just go on for pages and pages and even more pages. Problem 2 was also a pattern type.
 You had to go through all of the numbers and move them around to make sure you go from smallest to biggest.

Can you add to either of these problems, if so write a comment below with your answer(s). You can do as much as you want.    











 This is a  ' VOICE THREAD ' that Mr.M made and room 20 have made some comments, you should check it out.                  

2 comments:

  1. An excellent collection with neat comments, Felicity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way most of our class made a comment. It was also really fun doing those problems in the morning. Well done Floss.

    From Casey:)

    ReplyDelete