Thursday, August 2, 2012

Inferring-Rock And A Hard Place!

THE END: When I wake up in the morning, I realise he has.

I inferred that he chose to support both teams ( All Blacks & Springboks ), Fletcher ( cat ) kind of made him understand the meaning of ‘ A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE ’. From his colours, from the saying that you don’t have to choose between being ginger and being white.

I also inferred that if there was a 2nd version of that book ( A rock and a hard place ) it would be about the boy and him cheering for the 2 teams in the Rugby World Cup 2012.

THE START: “ It seems to me that you are stuck between a rock and a hard place,” says my rugby coach.

I inferred that his coach was trying to get him to support his new country, ( NZ ).   



CLUES IN TEXT
INFER
PRIOR KNOWLEDGE
It seems to me that you are stuck between a rock and a hard place,” says my rugby coach.   


When I wake up in the morning, I realise he has.



His coach is using a saying to get him cheer for NZ in the Rugby World Cup. Also I inferred that his coach was trying to get him to support his new country, ( NZ ).

I inferred that he chose to support both teams ( All Blacks & Springboks ), Fletcher ( cat ) kind of made him understand the meaning of ‘ A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE ’. From his colours, from the saying that you don’t have to choose between being ginger and being white.
I know that he was using a saying to make it a little more fun and maybe tricky to understand what it means and it can also be when someone is stuck with something. It is called a lose-lose situation.

That his pet cat made him choose what team to go for and that he didn’t have to think really hard to try and choose what team to cheer for.




TASH’S TABLE:)
CLUES IN TEXT
INFER
PRIOR KNOWLEDGE
It seems to me you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place,” says my rugby coach.



When I wake up in the morning, I realise he has.
That there is going to be a challenge up ahead or he might have to decide to choose between two things.  

I inferred that he chose to support both sides and that Fletcher made him understand why he should support the All Blacks too because of the
I know that it will be about someone stuck and needs help and that it means it will be a lose- lose chance.

I said: I know that the cat made him decide and that  
*

2 comments:

  1. Creative blog post on your reading, Felicity.

    How does the inferring strategy help you with reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps me understand the text more.
      I really enjoy inferring:)

      Delete