Thursday, August 9, 2012

Olympics Opening Ceremony Report

Key Words About The Ceremony:)
  • 30th Olympiad
  • Booming
  • Cauldron
  • British
  • Spectacular
  • Fireworks
  • Mr.Bean
  • Queen
  • James Bond
  • Industrial
  • OLYMPIC RINGS
  • Courgies
  • Explosions
  • Director Danny Boyle
  • Parachuting
  • Loud
  • Practice
  • J.K. Rowling


MY NEWS REPORT ON THE 2012 OPENING CEREMONY:)
Hello I am Felicity Johnstone and I am your Kiwi Kids news Reporter. Today I am here to report to you guys about the spectacular Opening Ceremony.

To start the night off we had a performance showing what the olden days were like in London. After a nice start of lovely families, it all turns into work, work and even more work. With all of the men hard at work and the ladies washing the clothes.



Then The queen strides in very poshley with James Bond following, they both take their seat and watch the performances. Then there was a fabulous range of countries children in choir singing in a magnificent tune. After that spectacular display there was a big group of glowing lights come into the center and make a smiley face. It ended up being there were a whole lot of hospital beds in the center of the stadium, with a different range of ages and sizes of children.  

With the idea from J.K. Rowling, her characters came alive, there was Voldemort from Harry Potter, the evil lady from 101 Dalmatians. Then with a great big BANG, fireworks boomed in every different direction. Everyone around me were blown away in their own dreams. When I look around me all I can see is ‘ FLASH, FLASH’ and even more FLASHES. Their eyes looked like they were sparking wildly in excitement, with all of the fireworks reflecting onto their eyes.

Then there was a hilarious performance from Mr.Bean, he had a dream that he one a beach run. Trust me I don’t think that would ever happen in real life. Now would you look at that here come the Torch Bearers who will light the 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES CAULDRON. As they run around the track and pass the TORCH to each other. Here they come all ready to light the amazing OLYMPIC CAULDRON.

The the crowd all say ”Wow,” they are now lighting the Cauldron. As soon as it gets lit the whole place feels like we have just been hit with a bomb. All you can hear is cheering, the flashing of the cameras. The cauldrons fire was outstanding, it was so hot, I would have to say that I was sweating from up here. Once again I look around me and see the fire in the cauldron reflecting in their glazed eyes.
Then the Queen takes a stand and speaks to the people of the world, “ I declare the 2012 Olympic Games are now open “
The crowd stands and cheers their loudest.

My favourite part would have to be the lighting of the cauldron. 

The funniest part was when Mr.Bean’s spectacular performance.



3 comments:

  1. Outstanding descriptive language to describe the Opening Ceremony, Felicity.

    I like your key words at the start. I think you should insert a http://www.wordle.net/ of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work Felicity!
    I like all of the information and pictures. I also like how you did the main parts and put them into words. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done felicity, jolly good!!

    ReplyDelete