Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Reflection on learning in room 20

I am halfway through my awesome year of learning in Room 20. How am I learning?

Some things that are different about this year are I have learnt how to do splitting in maths for timesing by big numbers.

Having a computer and Google account has helped me by finding out what different learning tools you can use for school work. Also having a google account is handy for emailing the teacher when you need some help on some work.

I like having a blog because I can share my learning with the world and get some lovely positive comments from my friends and family, even people from around the world like Paul Jennings. It makes me feel proud when I get a comment from my mum and dad.

I share my learning by either sharing a document with my Learning-Buddy or over my blog. I can also tell my Learning Buddy what I have done for any subject and ask if they need any help.

I help others by giving them some of my great words for writing or sharing my writing or giving them a comment on their doc.

I use ICT to help my learning in these ways, playing around on movie maker and experimenting.

I get feedback for my learning from Mr.M ( Teacher ) and My learning Buddy. They give me feedback by saying that it was well described, great verb and even more. This makes me know that I should keep up the great work in all of my other docs. It makes me feel proud of myself.

Things I am really proud of achieving in Room 20 are having a blog that I can share my work with the world and being awarded the following badges: Young Leader, House Leader and Academic Achiever. I am proud of myself for achieving those badges.


  • Maths: maths has helped me in a lot of different ways, E.G. I have improved on my times tables ( I am a lot faster at them ) I have learnt how to do a ‘ Beans Recipe. ‘


  • Reading: I have done a debate on Deer. I have had the chance to do a K.W.L Chart on Extraterrestrial. I have learnt how to do a literacy circle seeing as I have not done one before.

  • Writing: writing in room 20 is fun and enjoyable. I like that we get a writing choice every few days. I have improved on writing since last year. Last year I was a bit slow with my writing doing it by hand, but I have got better this year because I am a fast typer so I am quicker.

  • Art: I love art and I have been able to do a good amount that is fun, I am proud of my art so far.
    • Movie Maker: I love experimenting on movie maker, I have done a heap of cool videos.

How are we learning? from Kieren Moriarty on Vimeo.



1 comment:

  1. You really are having an awesome year of learning, Felicity!

    You keep surprising me with all the new things you are able to come up with!

    ReplyDelete